The Biggest Loser Season 9 : Couples 3
The 'Biggest Loser Season Nine: Couples 3' has become bigger. For the second time, it has twenty two overweight contestants. These contestants will utilize all their strength and stamina as well as will compete to be the Biggest Loser this season. It started on January 5, 2010. This season of Biggest Loser ended on May 25, 2010 in nineteen episodes.
The Biggest Loser is the most popular form of reality show where the the biggest loser contestants are allowed to shed weight and a physical makeover without any surgery. The contestants in this reality show have to undergo various challenges, weigh-ins, and elimination rounds to reach the final round of the show. These contestants have to undergo an all-inclusive diet and regular exercise to shed down weight and receive the prize of 250,000 USD in the end if they attain the maximum weight loss.
They are provided with trainers who guide them regarding weight loss techniques to transform their body and loose weight. It also has families section. This season consists of 11 teams comprising of parents, siblings, cousins, friends, and couples.
Alison Sweeny is the host of this season as well. The trainers of this season include Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper. This reality show is the inspiration for all obese people. It acts as a motivation to increase their will power, lose weight, and regain healthy life.
Description of the contestants, teams and relations of the contestants:
- Cherita Andrews and Vicky Andrews - Blue team - mother and daughter
- Cheryl George and Daris George - Orange team - mother and son
- Maria Ventrella and Michael Ventrella - White team - mother and son
- Darell Hough and Andrea Hough - Black team - father and daughter
- Lance Morgan and Melissa Morgan - Red Team - husband and wife
- Miggy Cancel and Migdaila Sebren - Green team - mother and daughter
- Sherry Johnston and Ashley Johnston - Pink team - mother and daughter
- Sam Poueu and Koli Palu - Grey team - Cousins
- O'Neal Hampton, Jr. and Sunshine Hampton - Yellow team - Father and daughter
- Patti Anderson and Stephanie Anderson - Purple team - Mother and daughter
- John Crutchfield and James Crutchfield - Brown Team - Twin brothers
Prior to the finale weigh-in, Michael lost 23 pounds and Ashley lost 18 pounds finalizing their entry into the finals. There was tough competition between Koli and Daris for the third position. Koli lost 13 pounds whereas Daris gained 2 pounds. Finally, Daris was selected with the help of votes given by the audience.
The winner of Biggest Loser Season 9 was Michael Ventrella. He is a Chicago based Disc Jockey (DJ) who weighed around 526 pounds. It is the first time that Bob Harper's team has won the Biggest Loser apart from Season, when Jillian was absent as a trainer and the previous season when the show ended in a tie. Michael Ventrella made a record of losing the maximum weight at the show from 526 pounds to 262 pounds. He partnered with his mother Maria Ventrella who belonged to the White team. Koli Palu won the at-home cash prize of 100,000 USD. The first runner up was Ashley with a loss of 191 pounds and followed Daris who lost 178 pounds.
The next season of the biggest loser season 10 will begin on September 21, 2010.