The Biggest Loser Session 7 : Couples 2
'Biggest Loser 7: Couples 2' was the season seven of the reality show 'The Biggest Loser.' It is an NBC reality television series show. This show began in January 2009. The show ended on May 12, 2009 with 20 episodes.
The trainers of the show were Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper. The host of the show was Alison Sweeny. This season had eleven couples. The specialty of the Biggest Loser 7 was that it was the longest season in the history of Biggest Loser. This season also features the oldest couple as contestants. They are Gerald 'Jerry' Hayes and Estella. Both were sixty three years old.
The youngest participant of the season was Michael 'Mike' Morelli who was 18 years old. All the participants of this show had to undergo medical examination. This medical examination revealed the effects of obesity on their health.
Description of the Biggest Loser 7 contestants, their teams, and relations are enlisted below:
- Cathy Skell and Kristin Steede - Purple team - Mother and Daughter
- Miami Tara Costa and Laura Denoux - Green team - Friends
- Amanda 'Mandi' Kramer and Aubrey Cheney - Yellow team - Sisters
- Damien Gurganinous and Nicole Brewer - Red team - Husband and Wife
- Carla Triplett and Joelle Gwynn - Silver team - Best Friends
- Gerald 'Jerry' Hayes and Estella – White team - Husband and Wife
- Helen Philip and Shannon Thomas - Pink team - Mother and Daughter
- Ronald 'Ron' Morelli and Michael 'Mike' Morelli - Brown team - Father and Son
- Blaine Cotter and Gregory 'Dane' Patterson - Black team - Cousins
- David Lee and Daniel 'Dan' Wright - Orange team - Best Friends
- Sione Fa and Filipe Fa - Blue team - Cousins
The contestants had their first workout in a gym. This workout was examined by both the biggest loser trainers. Then, they selected one team each. It was followed by each of these teams to select from the remaining teams to join them. The team that was left out had the right to join any one team amongst the two. In this process, the purple team was left out. The Purple team decided to be in Bob Harper's team.
The teams under Bob Harper include:
The teams under Jillian Michael include:
Finale of Biggest Loser 7:
The winner of Biggest Loser 7 was Helen Phillips of the Pink team. Helen had the highest weight loss percentage of 54.47%. The runner up was Michael 'Mike' Morelli of Brown team. The second runner up was Tara Costa of the Green team. Tara Costa was nominated for the finale because she successfully completed and won many challenges in the season. She never fell below the yellow line. Gerald 'Jerry' Hayes won the cash prize of 100,000 USD with highest weight loss of about 47.97% amongst the eliminated contestants.
The next season of the show the Biggest Loser was 'The Biggest Loser 8: Second Chances.' The season 8 of Biggest Loser began on September 15, 2009.